Public Education and Technical Assistance
- Help for Families: With the consent of the client, family members are encouraged to attend the individualized training. Learning communication methods and other skills promotes interaction and family harmony. Long-term futures planning and coordination of services. Some relatives gain insights by participating in the weekly support group.
- Service to the Community: The Center offers consultations and comprehensive information and referral services such as:
- providing community education to promote understanding of the complex nature of a dual sensory loss – a unique disability, not two disabilities put together.
- providing technical assistance to individuals and organizations working with a person who has a combined hearing-vision loss.
- providing hands-on training to an individual with the dual sensory loss and demonstrations for the personnel working with them.
- identifying and coordinating services with other agencies.